This 2-hour tutorial is geared towards those who are interested in the art of modern calligraphy and have little to no experience with this craft. This class covers the basics of modern calligraphy - lettering, flourishing, colored inks, and is a lot of fun. Perfect for those who want to learn a new skill or for those who want a fun afternoon out with friends.
Along with personal instruction from Dionne, you'll take home a beautiful calligraphy starter kit comprising of:
- 1 x Personalized Clipboard
- 1 x Pen Holder
- 2 x Calligraphy inks (one black and one in another color)
- 2 nibs
- 2 x Calligraphy Exemplars (Alphabet and Flourishes)
- 1 x Calligraphy "cheat sheet" so you won't need to take notes in class and have an easy reference when practicing at home
- 1 x Calligraphy Tracing Pad
- Some other goodies that we will keep as a surprise! :)
Duration: 2 hours
Class Size: 22 attendees
Dionne Christiansen is the owner of Nib and Pixel, a Houston-based calligraphy and graphic design studio. She has been teaching calligraphy since 2013 and has a double bachelors degree in Graphic Design and Marketing. When she isn't creating for her clients, Dionne likes going on foodie adventures with her husband and two kidlets, collecting vintage plates and throwing dinner parties for friends and family.